Friday, August 1, 2008

Client Sports Fitness Question Of The Week, 5

For those trying to build up those upper traps using the shrug exercise, look closely at this Q and A!

Client Q: When I do the shrug exercise, how much should I roll my shoulders to make sure I'm getting the full benefit of the exercise?

Mark's A: Don't roll your shoulders! Doing so will put pressure on your cervical spine. And, this is not the most effective way to do the shrug exercise (dumbbell or barbell).



The upper traps will be worked best by raising your shoulders straight up and down. Also, keep your arms as straight as possible throughout the movement.

Happy shrugging!

Download your FREE 10-Minute Strength and Power Workouts now!

Mark Dilworth, BA, PES
Your Fitness University
My Fitness Hut
Her Fitness Hut
Sports Fitness Hut
Rapid Fat Loss and Six Pack Abs



No comments:

Post a Comment