Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Acceleration Speed On Sunday In The NFL

Like you, I watched some National Footall League (NFL) action this past Sunday.....I saw acceleration speed personified. You see, a running back in the NFL is not supposed to be able to "turn the corner" on the defense (because defenders are too fast)!

Well, I saw a running back "turn the corner," outrun pursuit angles and score on a play. How? His acceleration speed is "off the charts!" In case you don't know who I'm talking about---check out Adrian Peterson's 28 yard touchdown run against the vaunted Tennessee Titans defense.



Researchers from New Zealand found that athletes with quicker ground contacts produced better acceleration speed. If you get there quicker, you don't necessarily have to be the fastest on the field. See my blog post on acceleration speed.

Download your FREE 10-Minute Strength and Power Workouts now!

Mark Dilworth, BA, PES
Your Fitness University
My Fitness Hut
Her Fitness Hut
Sports Fitness Hut
Rapid Fat Loss and Six Pack Abs




No comments:

Post a Comment