Thursday, April 16, 2009

Strengthen Your Weak Knee With Step Ups

I have strengthened my weaker left knee (and the tendons, ligaments, etc. around it) by doing exercises like step ups.



Step ups force you to balance and work one leg at a time with no help (compensating) from the other leg. While playing football in college, my left knee had continually gotten weaker with each passing season. I didn't want surgery and opted to rehabilitate the knee with exercise.

Even today, one-legged exercises like step ups (on knee-high platform) are a big part of my exercise routine. Other one-legged exercises like lunges are great because one-legged exercises use the same pathways that it takes to run and they help improve your balance.

Using the right exercises can help prevent and/or rehabilitate injuries.

Be sure and download your Free Dumbbell and Medicine Ball Metabolic Fat Burner Workouts and start shaping your body faster!

Mark Dilworth, BA, PES
Your Fitness University
My Fitness Hut
Her Fitness Hut
Sports Fitness Hut
Rapid Fat Loss and Six Pack Abs


No comments:

Post a Comment